Are you an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person who is committed to leading positive change for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Correctional System?
About The GEO Group Australia
We are the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW, QLD and VIC. GEO aims to deliver better corrections and create safer communities. We focus on providing a continuum of care and integration of services to make a real difference in the lives of people we work with.
For more information about our organisation, visit our website at www.geogroup.com.au
About Ravenhall Correctional Centre
Ravenhall Correctional Centre is a medium security men’s prison that opened in late 2017 in Ravenhall, Victoria.
Ravenhall will redefine the role of the modern prison. It’s unique design and service model provides an unprecedented emphasis on offender rehabilitation and reintegration. If you are motivated to work therapeutically to create successful outcomes for prisoners, Ravenhall is the place for you.
To learn more about Ravenhall Correctional Centre, click here.
About the Opportunity
The Manager, Aboriginal Programs is a pivotal member of the Ravenhall Correctional Centre management team. This role will lead the design, development and implementation of the service model for Aboriginal Prisoners at Ravenhall. This role will develop and manage their own team as well as identify and contract manage Ravenhall’s Aboriginal service providers. The role will focus upon building connections and partnerships with Aboriginal community organisations with a commitment to building capacity across the system and delivering specialised programs to Aboriginal prisoners that address the drivers of offending and improve social and emotional wellbeing.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a best-practice model to improve outcomes and make a lasting difference in the lives of Aboriginal men who come into contact with the correctional system as well as their families and broader community.
The Manager, Aboriginal Programs will:
- Finalise development of Ravenhall’s Service Delivery Model for Aboriginal prisoners including programs to be delivered at Ravenhall and post-release.
- Build relationships and partnerships with Aboriginal community organisations across the State to ensure programs and services are responsive to the needs of Aboriginal prisoners and develop clear post-release pathways that facilitate positive reintegration outcomes
- Recruit, lead and manage Ravenhall’s Aboriginal Programs staff including training, coaching, mentoring and provision of supervision where appropriate.
- Provide leadership, expertise and advice to Ravenhall staff regarding the needs of Aboriginal men and the provision of programs and services in a culturally safe manner.
- Monitor performance reporting and provide contract management of Aboriginal Service providers involved in the delivery of programs at Ravenhall.
- Identify continued opportunities for innovation within Ravenhall’s programs and services for Aboriginal prisoners that facilitate improvements in social and emotional wellbeing and reduce risk of recidivism.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to establish and implement evaluation processes for Aboriginal service provision at Ravenhall.
Your Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role of Manager, Aboriginal Programs you will:
- Be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Have extensive knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and communities and demonstrated commitment to improving outcomes for Aboriginal people.
- Have demonstrated ability to engage positively with the Victorian Aboriginal communities and develop networks and partnerships to affect positive outcomes for Aboriginal people.
- Be experienced in managing the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Aboriginal programs in large and complex service delivery environments.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop, lead and manage a staffing team including role-modelling positive values and behaviours, to create vision, set clear direction and provide supervision, coaching and mentoring.
- Exhibit highly developed interpersonal skills and proven capacity to develop collaborative relationships with the public and private sector.
- Be experienced in performance monitoring and reporting.
- Have excellent communication skills (both oral and written, including report writing).
For more information about this position, please click here to download the position description.
About the Benefits
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. Benefits of working for GEO, include but are not limited to:
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- Ongoing professional development opportunities (including further education sponsorship)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive salary and rewards scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff gym
- Subsidised meals
Applications close Friday 4 May 2018
Make a real difference – Apply Now!