Over 500 staff
Brand new facility
About The GEO Group Australia
We are the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW, QLD and VIC. GEO aims to deliver better corrections and create safer communities. We focus on providing a continuum of care and integration of services to make a real difference in the lives of people we work with.
For more information about our organisation, visit our website at www.geogroup.com.au
About Ravenhall Correctional Centre
Ravenhall Correctional Centre is a medium security men’s prison that opened in late 2017 in Ravenhall, Victoria.
Ravenhall will redefine the role of the modern prison. It’s unique design and service model provides an unprecedented emphasis on offender rehabilitation and reintegration. If you are motivated to work therapeutically to create successful outcomes for prisoners, Ravenhall is the place for you.
To learn more about Ravenhall Correctional Centre, click here.
About the Opportunity
This position requires someone who possesses high attention to detail and is customer service oriented that thrives in a high volume payroll processing environment.
As the Payroll Officer your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Process fortnightly payroll for over 500 staff and/or any other required special payroll involving manual checking of data imported from Kronos and applying required corrections.
- Maintain payroll system and data records for the Infinium payroll and Infinium personnel system, including employee master files, leave management, register maintenance, sickness and overtime reports, contracts, awards, employee records, and all other associated records in accordance with acceptable personnel practices and procedures and maintain strict confidentiality practices relating to same.
- Review rostering exceptions and rectify based on approvals and evidence of time worked.
- Interpret and provide appropriate guidance to all staff on salaries and related entitlements, leave and general conditions of employment in line with employment contracts, Enterprise Agreements, legislation, policies and procedures
- Completing internal and statutory reporting.
- Assist other functions within the Human Resources team as required to ensure an efficient service delivery model is achieved.
- Perform administrative tasks relevant to key deliverables within the Human Resources team, including establishing new starter requirements and ensuring all personnel and human resources filing is carried out at regular intervals and maintained to a high standard.
- Ensuring that all payments to and entitlements for employees are in line with relevant legislation.
- Ensure all Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and any other auditing requirements are met.
Your Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role of Payroll Officer you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in computerised payroll procedures in an operating environment with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of computer software applications, including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised in a high paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in a personnel environment and a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Significant experience in the payroll administration function with a working understanding of Superannuation, Payroll tax, WorkCover monthly returns & Employment related legislation, enterprise agreement and award interpretation.
- High level attention to detail and proven ability to exercise judgment in organising and prioritising own work to achieve required outcomes.
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the success in developing productive working relationships with Managers and Staff.
- Demonstrated flexibility, team commitment, enthusiasm and a “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to resolve problems through the interpretation and application of established rules and processes.
- Demonstrated experience using payroll time and attendance software (Infinium and Kronos).
For more information about this position, please click here to download the position description.
About the Benefits
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. Benefits of working for GEO, include but are not limited to:
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- Ongoing professional development opportunities (including further education sponsorship)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive salary and rewards scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff gym
- Subsidised meals
Make a real difference – Apply Now!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Applications Close – Sunday 12 August 2018