To apply for this role, scroll down to the bottom of the advertisement and complete the application form.
About The GEO Group Australia
We are the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW, QLD and VIC. GEO aims to deliver better corrections and create safer communities. We focus on providing a continuum of care and integration of services to make a real difference in the lives of people we work with.
For more information about our organisation, visit our website at www.geogroup.com.au
About Ravenhall Correctional Centre
Ravenhall Correctional Centre is a medium security men’s prison which opened in late 2017 in Ravenhall, Victoria.
Ravenhall will redefine the role of the modern prison. It’s unique design and service model provides an unprecedented emphasis on offender rehabilitation and reintegration. If you are motivated to work therapeutically to create successful outcomes for prisoners, Ravenhall is the place for you.
To learn more about Ravenhall Correctional Centre, click here.
About the Opportunity
In your role as a Human Resources Officer - Recruitment, you will get exposure to all facets of human resources, and will be provided with the opportunity to gain exposure to payroll, rosters, WHS/ workers' compensation & injury management and training & development. This exposure will see you develop or build upon your HR generalist skills, equipping you to one day become a Human Resources Manager.
Initially, your role will be specifically recruitment focused and you will primarily be responsible for:
- Recruitment processes including but not limited to advertising vacancies, assessing applications, coordinating interviews, interviewing applicants, administering selection processes including pre-employment medical assessments and liaising with Managers and Supervisors regarding employment recommendations.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Administer the processes associated with promotion, transfers and separation of staff
- Provide back-up support for other functions within the Human Resources Team on an as needed basis and as directed
- Provide information to staff on human resources policies and procedures
- Maintain files related to human resources functions
- Prepare HR documentation including appointment letter, contracts and security clearances
- Maintain information and prepare reports in relevant HR systems
Your Skills & Experience
In order to succeed in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated experience working within a human resources environment
- Demonstrated recruitment experience and understanding of HR related practices and legislation
- Degree/diploma qualified in Human Resources Management
- Proven high level of written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated high level of time management skills with the ability to work professionally and effectively without supervision
- High level of interpersonal skills and presentation with a flexible and proactive approach to work delivering solution focused outcomes
- Ability to maintain discretion and integrity when dealing with confidential personnel and human resources matters
- Demonstrated personal qualities conducive to team oriented work where initiative, flexibility and personal organisation are required
- Ability to work in a correctional setting, which will involve direct contact with prisoners (please note in your role you will only be responsible for staff)
For more information about this position, please click here to download the position description.
About the Benefits
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. Benefits of working for GEO, include but are not limited to:
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- Ongoing professional development opportunities (including further education sponsorship)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive salary and rewards scheme.
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff gym
- Subsidised meals
Make a real difference – Apply Now!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Applications Close - 11.00pm Sunday 12 August 2018