About The GEO Group Australia
We are the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW, QLD and VIC. GEO aims to deliver better corrections and create safer communities. We focus on providing a continuum of care and integration of services to make a real difference in the lives of people we work with.
For more information about our organisation, visit our website at www.geogroup.com.au
About Ravenhall Correctional Centre
Ravenhall Correctional Centre is a medium security men’s prison which opened in November 2017 in Ravenhall, Victoria.
Ravenhall will redefine the role of the modern prison. It’s unique design and service model provides an unprecedented emphasis on offender rehabilitation and reintegration. If you are motivated to work therapeutically to create successful outcomes for prisoners, Ravenhall is the place for you.
To learn more about Ravenhall Correctional Centre, click here.
About the Opportunity
As the Senior Education Officer you will be responsible for promoting and supporting education and vocational training programs at the Centre. In your role you will also ensure positive outcomes for prisoners by promoting service integration and collaboration between education providers and GEO staff.
You will primarily be responsible for:
- Ensuring the Learning Resource Centre is operating effectively and efficiently and consistent with the local operating procedures
- Supporting collaboration between education and vocational training providers and GEO operational staff
- Promoting awareness of the importance of prisoner engagement in education and training to increase reintegration and decrease recidivism
- Developing, implementing and managing local prison processes to maximise opportunities for prisoner participation in VET, and identify and introduce process improvements where required
- Supporting distance education for prisoners, including communicating with service providers, managing material, and coordinating relevant assessments
- Monitoring the implementation of prisoner learning plans and ensure prisoners’ learning pathways are managed throughout their sentence, including the facilitation of relevant referrals post-release
- Working with education providers to deliver services in accordance with contractual obligations and resolve service delivery issues where required
- Participating in and contributing to regional and State-wide meetings with program stakeholders and provide feedback and advice to the Vocational Services Manager
- Providing assistance to prisoners (where required) to increase engagement in post-release education
- Attending case management review meetings where required and assisting operational staff to support positive outcomes for prisoners
- Scheduling, monitoring and facilitating prisoner Education and Training Orientation sessions, as required
- Working positively with prisoners to encourage and support their participation in education
- Supporting the accessibility and delivery of education to multi-cultural prisoner groups
- Actively participating in staff training and professional development opportunities
Your Skills & Experience
To succeed in this role you will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualification and/or experience (min. 2 years) in welfare, education or a disability role
- Ability to be flexible, cooperative, work in a multi-disciplinary team, and exercise good judgement
- Proven computer skills in data entry and Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and facilitate programs
- Ability to work within a correctional setting, which will involve direct contact with prisoners
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (desirable)
For more information about this position, please click here to download the position description.
About the Benefits
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. Benefits of working for GEO, include but are not limited to:
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- Ongoing professional development opportunities (including further education sponsorship)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive salary and rewards scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff gym
- Subsidised meals
Make a real difference – Apply Now!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Applications Close - 4 pm, Friday 24 August 2018