About The GEO Group Australia
We are the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW, QLD and VIC. GEO aims to deliver better corrections and create safer communities. We focus on providing a continuum of care and integration of services to make a real difference in the lives of people we work with.
For more information about our organisation, visit our website at www.geogroup.com.au
About Ravenhall Correctional Centre
Ravenhall Correctional Centre is a medium security men’s prison which opened in late 2017 in Ravenhall, Victoria.
Ravenhall will redefine the role of the modern prison. It’s unique design and service model provides an unprecedented emphasis on offender rehabilitation and reintegration. If you are motivated to work therapeutically to create successful outcomes for prisoners, Ravenhall is the place for you.
To learn more about Ravenhall Correctional Centre, click here.
About the Opportunity
As the Catering Supervisor you will be responsible for overseeing the efficient production and distribution of quality food in the Centre, whilst supervising prisoners within the kitchen.
You will primarily be responsible for:
- Ensuring the efficient and effective supervision of the Centres’ catering services.
- Planning and organising food production (new menus, functions and prisoner meals) and distribution, including scheduling daily meetings with catering staff, managers and prisoner workers.
- Ensuring that all meals are cost effectively produced by the kitchen to a high standard of quality.
- Ensuring that the kitchen and staff meet safe hygienic standards; ensure all equipment is maintained and in good working order; implement Safe Work Procedures for staff and prisoners, ensuring Occupational Health and Safety requirements are followed.
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork and reports are completed on a daily basis.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent customer service relationships when dealing with other GEO employees and suppliers.
- Daily supervision of all prisoners and catering staff; provision of ongoing training for all staff and prisoners; assisting the education provider with any special requirements for assessing prisoners at work.
- Implementing sound OH&S procedures and practices consistent with Australian/ New Zealand Standards ISO 45001 to ensure safety is at the forefront of all planning.
- Ensuring a detailed training plan is developed for all industry equipment and all safety operation procedures are highlighted.
- Ensuring every prisoner is fully trained and competent in the proper operation of any equipment prior to operation and the training is duly recorded.
Your Skills & Experience
To succeed in this role you will possess the following:
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery/Hospitality.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in stock control, ordering procedures and budget control processes.
- A working knowledge of large kitchens and the ability to “multi task” in the kitchen.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of bulk food preparation, cooking and presentation in a commercial environment and the ability to ensure that meals are of a satisfactory quality in accordance with a published menu.
- Good decision making skills and the ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to satisfactorily combine security considerations with prisoner and staff kitchen supervision duties.
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computerised inventory control systems as well as the Microsoft suite of programs.
- Ability to lead by example and establish and manage effective workplace relations to achieve positive outcomes within set timeframes.
- Be able to understand and operate different types of machinery and equipment as required.
- Sound knowledge of OH&S requirements.
For more information about this position, please click here to download the position description.
Make a real difference – Apply Now!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Applications Close - 4 pm, Friday 21 September 2018.