- Are you an Occupational Therapist interested in applying your expertise to work with clients with complex presentations and needs?
- Are you interested in being part of a multidisciplinary clinical team focused upon assisting prisoners to develop healthier functioning in prison and post-release?
- Apply now for this exciting position
About Ravenhall Correctional Centre
Ravenhall Correctional Centre is a medium security men’s prison opening in late 2017 in Ravenhall, Victoria.
Ravenhall will redefine the role of the modern prison. It’s unique design and service model provides an unprecedented emphasis on offender rehabilitation and reintegration. If you are motivated to work therapeutically to create successful outcomes for prisoners, Ravenhall is the place for you.
To learn more about Ravenhall Correctional Centre, click here.
About the Opportunity
Ravenhall Correctional Centre is seeking an Occupational Therapist (.6 FTE) who will identify and promote interventions to develop, recover or maintain the daily living, vocational and recreational skills of prisoners pre- and post-release with a physical, mental or developmental condition. This position will play an important role in assisting prisoners in the development of healthier ways of functioning in the prison setting, including emphasis on increasing a prisoner’s level of independence, achievement of personal goals and self-management. The Occupational Therapist will contribute to multidisciplinary case-management plans and reviews including behaviour-management plans, with a focus on maximising the prisoner’s involvement in managing their own health and risk.
In this role you will:
- Provide expert occupational therapy consultancy, pre- and post-release assessment and intervention.
- Promote interventions to develop, recover or maintain the daily living, vocational and recreational skills of prisoners pre- and post-release with a physical, mental or developmental condition.
- Assist prisoners in the development of healthier ways of functioning in the prison setting, including emphasis on increasing a prisoner’s level of independence, achievement of personal goals and self-management.
- Provide pre- and post-release occupational therapy interventions to increase successful community integration and reduce risk of recidivism.
- Assist the broader clinical team with the co-facilitation of programs
- Contribute to case-management planning and case reviews, behaviour management plans, suicide and self-harm reviews, and community reintegration plans.
Participate in clinical supervision and professional development opportunities.
Your Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role of Occupational Therapist at Ravenhall you will have:
- Registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia.
- Ability to assess a prisoner’s occupational therapy needs, developing case formulations and treatment plans, with the aim of successful community reintegration and ultimately reducing risk of reoffending.
- Demonstrated experience in clinical/behavioural/risk assessment, individual and group intervention, in a clinical or other relevant setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others both cross-agency and as part of a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently prepare clinical formulations and reports.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team that involves direct contact with prisoners in a correctional environment and post-release in the community.
For further information about this role including the Position Description and how to apply, please click the Apply Now button.
About the Benefits
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. Benefits of working for GEO, include but are not limited to:
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- Ongoing professional development opportunities (including further education sponsorship)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive salary and rewards scheme
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff gym
- Subsidised meals
Make a real difference – Apply Now!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Applications close 23 November 2018
For enquiries please contact Danielle Kozminski, HR Officer or Ana Cuchilla-Castillo, HR Officer on 03 8363 2658 or 03 8363 2662.
Please note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted approximately 2-3 weeks following the closing date. Unsuccessful candidates will be contacted in due course.
Previous applicants need not apply.